Saturday 25 June 2011

Tips on Correct English Usage in Day-to-day Life


We often don’t know what is correct English in day-to-day spoken language. When we are talking about the time of day we need to be careful about how we say it. Unknowingly we say ‘today morning’ instead of ‘this morning’, ‘today night’ instead of ‘tonight’. It is crucial to know correct English grammar and correct English usage. So, here are some English grammar tricks:   

·         I spoke to my cousin yesterday night. – Wrong
·         I spoke to my cousin last night. – Right

·         It was raining very heavily yesterday evening. – Wrong
·         It was raining very heavily last evening. – Right

·         I will be having lunch with my brother today afternoon. – Wrong
·         I will be having lunch with my brother this afternoon. – Right

·         I spoke to her today morning. – Wrong
·         I spoke to her this morning. – Right    

·         I went to see him last to last day. – Wrong
·         I went to see him the day before yesterday. – Right

·         I saw the news report on the bomb blast today evening. – Wrong
·         I saw the news report on the bomb blast this evening. – Right  

·         I have to stay up late today night to finish the project. – Wrong
·         I have to stay up late tonight to finish the project. – Right

C

0 comments:

Post a Comment